Any truth to the rumor Sidley (Chi) rescinded a popular tiktoker's summer offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any truth to the rumor Sidley (Chi) rescinded a popular tiktoker's summer offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:34 pm

Edit: Seems like the question I posed has been answered and the rumor appears to be true. Requesting this thread be deleted, in order to avoid the potential of someone directly outing this person.
---
Dirt welcome from Sidley insiders.

Rumor is there were complaints launched by fellow incoming Sidley summers after discovering social media allegations made against this individual.

(Someone let me know if this is in any way a violation of TLS rules, happy to delete)
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Any truth to the rumor Sidley (Chi) rescinded a popular tiktoker's summer offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:34 pm

Rumor is there were complaints launched by fellow incoming Sidley summers after discovering social media allegations made against this individual.

(Someone let me know if this is in any way a violation of TLS rules, happy to delete)
Which tiktoker? assuming the northwestern guy
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Any truth to the rumor Sidley (Chi) rescinded a popular tiktoker's summer offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:50 pm

Was it the ‘read the constitution’ tik toker? Went to the page and it’s private now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:38 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

Northwestern's steady drop in the rankings the last two years = karma for letting that guy in

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:35 pm

What about his videos were offensive(?)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:52 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:38 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

Northwestern's steady drop in the rankings the last two years = karma for letting that guy in
Hey now. We deserved the drop for what we did to Yuracko, but don't blame us for that guy.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:20 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:35 pm
He didn’t give 12% of the airtime to Black voices and Black genius. I’m surprised Northwestern hasn’t kicked him out. Was he racist? Not necessarily. But he wasn’t actively anti-racist, and so I think his firing was fair.
Elaborate please.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Think this video was the turning point:

https://www.tiktok.com/@fffernanda777/v ... 6420623918

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:21 am
Anonymous User wrote:

tik tok has become such a cesspool

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:41 am

This is so bizarre. This is like 4th hand allegations with no details or anything. I really hope that Sidley would not no offer over that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:21 am
Anonymous User wrote:

https://www.tiktok.com/@fffernanda777/v ... 9181725957
The 1,000+ comments under this video are hilarious

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:41 am
This is so bizarre. This is like 4th hand allegations with no details or anything. I really hope that Sidley would not no offer over that.
OP said fellow Sidley SAs complained. I assume that's referring to his northwestern peers that are also going to SA at Sidley. If Sidley did no offer, seems likely the decision would have been based on more than a random chic's tiktok. Who knows though.

Where are the Sidley and northwestern people? Chime in..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
He didn’t give 12% of the airtime to Black voices and Black genius. I’m surprised Northwestern hasn’t kicked him out. Was he racist? Not necessarily. But he wasn’t actively anti-racist, and so I think his firing was fair.
From what I've heard from NW friends and read online, I don't think any of the accusations involved race.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Silver

Post by 2013 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:58 am

This all seems weird.

A random woman saying she’s not accusing him of anything but dragging him.

If the “allegations” were true, I doubt he’d still be a student at Northwestern.

I guess allegations of SA are enough to get blacklisted though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:15 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
From what I've heard from NW friends and read online, I don't think any of the accusations involved race.
pretty sure the 12% comment was satire

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
If you actually had any northwestern friends you'd know that no one in NU uses NW

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:05 am

If this story was true, someone would have tipped ATL by now. Frankly, this thread is a bad look for the NU student body for dragging a colleague with no substantial dirt, although I would be happy to be proven otherwise. And no, I didn't watch what looked like a snobby 3-part series tiktok rant by that one girl. I'm not that depraved yet (nor am I gen Z).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:05 am
If this story was true, someone would have tipped ATL by now. Frankly, this thread is a bad look for the NU student body for dragging a colleague with no substantial dirt, although I would be happy to be proven otherwise. And no, I didn't watch what looked like a snobby 3-part series tiktok rant by that one girl. I'm not that depraved yet (nor am I gen Z).
ATL doesn't usually post about individual students by name unless they are in FedSoc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:56 am

2013 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:58 am
This all seems weird.

If the “allegations” were true, I doubt he’d still be a student at Northwestern.

It could be that the random tiktok stuff led people to dig up other dirt that's not on tiktok. B/c all the woman on tiktok is saying from personal knowledge is that he was a dick out at a club, which seems plausible but also a nothingburger wrt to employment. But if that led to the older allegations and there is something to those, that would be a problem for him.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:26 am
Anonymous User wrote:
ATL doesn't usually post about individual students by name unless they are in FedSoc.
Wouldn't a hypothetical ATL story be that Sidley revoked someone's offer? They don't have to mention the person by name (e.g., aquagirl).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:56 am
2013 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:58 am
This all seems weird.

It could be that the random tiktok stuff led people to dig up other dirt that's not on tiktok. B/c all the woman on tiktok is saying from personal knowledge is that he was a dick out at a club, which seems plausible but also a nothingburger wrt to employment. But if that led to the older allegations and there is something to those, that would be a problem for him.
The older "allegations" is the same woman saying that another woman broke up with him over rumors she (woman #2) heard. For those familiar with hearsay that's about triple hearsay, if woman 2 heard it from a source and told it directly to tiktok woman. (don't test me on hearsay here I'd like to forget about the whole concept). Now, it's possible that there was truth to it that the firm found, just like anything is possible. But just repeating that allegations exist is pretty disgusting gossip mongering.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Wouldn't a hypothetical ATL story be that Sidley revoked someone's offer? They don't have to mention the person by name (e.g., aquagirl).
Tbc, we still haven't confirmed that this happened right?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:15 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Tbc, we still haven't confirmed that this happened right?
Correct, the story is not confirmed. Which is why the rumor is odd since ATL likely would have covered it if there were substantive evidence (by way of a hypothetical story as presented above so as not to reveal any names).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
But the guy's tiktok handle is his name. There's no way to preserve any level of anonymity without ignoring 99% of the story.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”