Big Law Privacy? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Big Law Privacy?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:11 am

Calling all privacy lawyers in biglaw: what is your day to day like? What is the work like? I’m strongly considering a retool from general corporate (mostly public companies/cap markets) work and am kind of curious what the day to day is like? Is the work as interesting as it seems? I’d also consider tech transactions, but I think privacy seems more interesting. I’m Bay Area based and would not consider a move, to the extent that matters.

(More background in case relevant: I’m an extremely burned out second year at one of Cooley/WSGR/Fenwick/Goodwin that billed so many hours as a first year it’s only now occurring to me that I’m not actually sure I even really like general corporate and want to potentially make a fairly drastic change before it’s too late. My ultimate goal is in house and I’m just not sure I want to do corporate and securities in-house, since most of my clients who do don’t seem all that happy either).

Interested in any thoughts here thank you!!

Anonymous User

Re: Big Law Privacy?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 22, 2022 10:44 pm

Bump

Anonymous User

Re: Big Law Privacy?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 23, 2022 9:42 pm

I covered a lot of this here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=307795

I know the focus there was mostly in house, but I think I talked about the Biglaw experience some too. If you have other Qs happy to answer as well.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”