Birmingham AL Salary and Bonus Data Points Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Onta1998

New

Birmingham AL Salary and Bonus Data Points

Post by Onta1998 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:15 pm

There have been multiple threads on this topic for similarly sized cities over the years, but there are no recent threads and older info may be out of date at this point.

What is the salary range of the bigger local Birmingham firms (I am thinking Lightfoot, Maynard, Bradley, Balch, Burr). Any other insight into billing requirements and bonuses would be greatly appreciated.

I am mainly interested in new associate data points but hearing about salary progression would be great as well.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Birmingham AL Salary and Bonus Data Points

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:27 pm

I'm in a pretty similar sized city in the same market. I'm guessing they are between 80-120. I had a friend go to one of those a number of years ago and they started her at 80 or 85, I think? She left after a couple years and went to Nashville to Waller. No clue how the comp progressed. Hopefully, someone can shed some more light on the situation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:06 am

In 2014ish, first years at Bradley, Balch, Maynard, and Burr all started at $105k. The increases each year were meager - like $5-10k. Bonuses are about $5k x class year plus a little extra for rockstars. I assume starting comp has gone up but it would surprise me if it were more than $130ish now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:47 am

It's $135k at most.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:47 am
It's $135k at most.
Bradley is $160k

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”