Litigation Lateral Market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Throwaway192837465

New

Litigation Lateral Market

Post by Throwaway192837465 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 pm

Hello all,

I am a mid-level litigation associate at a midsized law firm in a large secondary market. My firm is a top firm and is well respected in our market (behind the Vault/Amlaw firms, of course).

I really like my firm, but I am looking to get a nice raise by lateralling to one of the several Cravath scale firms here. Last year when I wasn't very interested in making a lateral move, I was getting tons of recruiter messages about lateral litigation openings in many of these firms.

Of course, now that I am actively looking to make a move, there are very few litigation openings (aside from very specialized areas). Every firm here, however, is looking for corporate/transactional associates.

Is lateral hiring for litigation associates slow right now? I had read this was the best time for lateralling, but am feeling a bit discouraged not seeing many options right now. Thanks all!

Throwaway192837465

New

Re: Litigation Lateral Market

Post by Throwaway192837465 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:25 pm

Figured I'd give this a lil bump. Are any other litigation associates having some difficulty in finding litigation lateral openings? I am jealous of my transactional peers right now :lol:

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”