Compensation for Kilpatrick (Dallas)? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Compensation for Kilpatrick (Dallas)?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:24 pm

I posted anonymous because this office is relatively small and there is a good chance I might go there. I am considering applying but could not find compensation information. NALP lists 205K for various offices but doesn't mention Dallas. I checked Google and the archives here. Can someone tell me if Dallas office starts at 205K and whether it has compression or not? If so, what is the compressed scale? Thank you in advance

Anonymous User

Re: Compensation for Kilpatrick (Dallas)?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:55 pm

As of last year, below market in TX offices, but that info may be out of date. The TX offices started by acquiring mid law-ish firms that weren’t paying market. I think the goal was to bring them up to market for first years eventually, but last I heard, that hadn’t happened yet. I think TX offices may have also had a reduced hours requirement (which could make it an attractive option), but if that’s not still the case, enjoy working just as hard and making less than your colleagues in Winston-Salem,NC and other cheaper places. Also, yes to compression regardless if starting comp, but it’s black box, so how much depends on (1) your group and (2) you. In that order. Same story with bonuses but worse. All that said, if you get an offer, talk all this through with an associate who interviewed you. These are fair questions.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”