PwC Salary raises Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
violetwindsor

New

Re: PwC Salary raises

Post by violetwindsor » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:35 pm
violetwindsor wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:38 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:51 pm
Posting anonymously because I don’t want this tracked back to me (friend told me in confidence):

Earlier this summer, my friend was promoted to manager and received a salary of $185k. 2017 grad from a Tax LLM. His MST coworker makes around the same (2017 graduate from an MST). MST got 1s and Tax LLM got 1/2 ratings throughout. So these people would be near the top of pay.

Therefore, I find it highly unlikely that a 2020 grad with an early promotion makes $180k unless that is including bonus.
Is your friend in NYC? I find the classmate’s claim to be far fetched. Many others I know in Big 4 have never received 40% raises to the base. Allegedly there was no bonus. Just the 40% raise to the base.
Yes NY M&A
Thank you. It’s clear the classmate’s claim is very wrong. There’s no way a 2020 JD grad, with a promotion to senior, in the same practice is making a similar salary as a Manager in the group.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:53 pm

violetwindsor wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:30 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:35 pm
violetwindsor wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:38 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Posting anonymously because I don’t want this tracked back to me (friend told me in confidence):

Earlier this summer, my friend was promoted to manager and received a salary of $185k. 2017 grad from a Tax LLM. His MST coworker makes around the same (2017 graduate from an MST). MST got 1s and Tax LLM got 1/2 ratings throughout. So these people would be near the top of pay.

Therefore, I find it highly unlikely that a 2020 grad with an early promotion makes $180k unless that is including bonus.
Is your friend in NYC? I find the classmate’s claim to be far fetched. Many others I know in Big 4 have never received 40% raises to the base. Allegedly there was no bonus. Just the 40% raise to the base.
Yes NY M&A

Thank you. It’s clear the classmate’s claim is very wrong. There’s no way a 2020 JD grad, with a promotion to senior, in the same practice is making a similar salary as a Manager in the group.
Agree that a Senior Associate with 1.3 years of experience is not being paid a similar base salary as a Manager with 4.5 years of experience in the same practice group & in the same office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:52 pm

FWIW, I am a NYU LLM and got an offer from PwC international tax with 125K + 15K sign in bonus last year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Anon: are you able to check with your friend if claims from OP are true about seniors with 1.3 years of experience are getting $180K based?
Trying to gauge market and wanting to know if this is a possible ask when lateraling as someone with the same experience as OP’s classmate.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:18 am

Do the national office people make more than this? It's not like the hours in the big 4 are substantially better than the hours in biglaw, so this comp scale just seems crazy. And it's not like the folks in the big 4 have bad pedigrees. I knew big 4 pay was less than biglaw but I never appreciated how huge the differential is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:58 am
Anonymous User wrote:

Anon: are you able to check with your friend if claims from OP are true about seniors with 1.3 years of experience are getting $180K based?
Trying to gauge market and wanting to know if this is a possible ask when lateraling as someone with the same experience as OP’s classmate.

I'm in the NYC ITS (international tax) practice and from what I've heard from friends (JD/LLM) that were promoted to Senior Associate (2 YOE) the pay raise is closer to 160k, tracks about 15% raise from associate salary, and about 28% raise since starting at the firm. Each level has a salary band and you're most likely not going to get a salary higher than the salary band. I can't imagine M&A Tax being much different but I could be wrong.

Just to clarify a few things I've seen:

JD/LLMs get hired as experienced associates but if you are hired to WNTS you get hired as a Senior Associate. NYC ITS & M&A practice seem to have the same pay track but I could be wrong. People that started in M&A the same year I started in ITS all started at 125k with 15k bonus. Obviously different groups increase salaries in a different way.

I'm not sure if M&A got anything more than the 5% raise. I know the FDD teams got an extra 10-15% on top of that 5% but I no longer know people in M&A Tax to confirm if they got the same deal.

Your bonus % tracks your tiering with Tier 1 getting a higher bonus than a Tier 3 would. 5% bonus for tier 2 wouldn't be odd but the % range and depends on your level.

Some senior managers are making what they would be making in big law for their years of experience but in order to do this, they left the firm and came back.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”