Booster mandates Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ligma

New

Booster mandates

Post by ligma » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:03 pm

Anyone in NYC Big Law hear anything about potential booster mandates in the pipeline for RTO? I'm vaxxed but would like to know whether my employment is going to be contingent on semiannual injections

cisscum

New

Re: Booster mandates

Post by cisscum » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:33 pm

Why even ask? Just get the boosters and stfu. Trust the science

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:34 pm

Non-flame answer is that it'll be alongside the flu shot for the foreseeable future

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:00 pm

cisscum wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:33 pm
FWIW at the DPW town hall a few weeks ago the doctor they invited said it’s unclear whether boosters are necessary. Guess things may have changed with Omicron.

cisscum

New

Post by cisscum » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:00 pm
cisscum wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:33 pm
FWIW at the DPW town hall a few weeks ago the doctor they invited said it’s unclear whether boosters are necessary. Guess things may have changed with Omicron.
More interesting question is whether RTO will be pushed back

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Nah they can smd if they think I'll get semiannual shots so the boomers can be marginally more comfortable counting their millions.

I would say the same thing if my employment were contingent on the flu shot.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:55 pm
Nah they can smd if they think I'll get semiannual shots so the boomers can be marginally more comfortable counting their millions.

What’s your plan of action if this happens? Just leave NYC big law?

Accidental anon: it’s OP

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:05 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

What’s your plan of action if this happens? Just leave NYC big law?

Accidental anon: it’s OP
Just not do it? Lateral to another firm? My understanding it's not exactly an employer's market for mid - senior associates

Prudent_Jurist

Bronze

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Man, I’m done trying to predict this stuff. At this point I’ve got no clue what’s going to happen. I’m just along for the ride.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:55 pm

you will eat the bugs

ligma

New

Post by ligma » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:32 pm

Wild Card wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:55 pm
you will eat the bugs
So true

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Come to Florida bro. It's nice and sunny here

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:11 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

Got a v20 corporate position in NYC and all I have in FL is mid law litigation and I absolutely hate lit. If I had this opportunity down there I’d be there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nls336

New

Post by nls336 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Some of your coworkers might be immunocompromised. I am a second-year and if I get covid I'll likely be put on a ventilator. This kind of attitude is awful. Sucks that new york coworkers are comfortable killing their office mates because they think it's inconvenient to be getting boosters. gross.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Got a v20 corporate position in NYC and all I have in FL is mid law litigation and I absolutely hate lit. If I had this opportunity down there I’d be there.

I'm corporate too. I found a gig in Florida. Had to take a small pay cut but have friends who didn't

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:47 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm corporate too. I found a gig in Florida. Had to take a small pay cut but have friends who didn't
Congrats man! Yeah I peppered the area with apps and couldn’t sniff an interview for corporate/transactional but found myself at a NY v20. Seems to pretty competitive in certain florida markets where majority are recruited from UF, FSU, and Miami. Obviously fewer spots open for transactional at those firms but I’ll def be keeping my eyes open. Love it down there!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 am

nls336 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:34 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

Some of your coworkers might be immunocompromised. I am a second-year and if I get covid I'll likely be put on a ventilator. This kind of attitude is awful. Sucks that new york coworkers are comfortable killing their office mates because they think it's inconvenient to be getting boosters. gross.
I'm the quoted anon

1) If you are immunocompromised and would die if you get covid, you should not be going into the office. Stay home until this shit blows over in the next couple years.

2) If you are at such serious a risk that you are relying on booster shots (which suggests you think vaccine protection can be waning), PLEASE stay home and value your life more than partners value $$$.

If you die because you love working under the fluorescent lights of an office building that is no one's fault but your own. Stay home.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 am
nls336 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:34 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm the quoted anon

1) If you are immunocompromised and would die if you get covid, you should not be going into the office. Stay home until this shit blows over in the next couple years.

2) If you are at such serious a risk that you are relying on booster shots (which suggests you think vaccine protection can be waning), PLEASE stay home and value your life more than partners value $$$.

If you die because you love working under the fluorescent lights of an office building that is no one's fault but your own. Stay home.
Correction: stay the FUCK home. Wear two masks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:57 am

I'm in my 30s and based on my bmi am technically obese (I don't look like a ball of blubber, just beer belly ish). I'm a millennial, not a boomer. I didn't think of myself as a risk category. I got covid 5.5 months after my double dose vaccine, just before I'd have been eligible for the booster. My doctor immediately got me the antibody IV treatment and put me on a steroid. It still knocked me out for two weeks and weeks later I get fatigued. That was a mild case, of course, because I was never hospitalized or ventilated. Without the vaccine I'd probably have been in the ICU or worse. This thing sucks. It's really not a good time.

To repeat, I'm a healthy millennial with no prior conditions, just not skinny and not 25 anymore. Get your vaccines, get your boosters, and stop whining about a little shot. Oh and get your flu shot too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:57 am
I'm in my 30s and based on my bmi am technically obese (I don't look like a ball of blubber, just beer belly ish). I'm a millennial, not a boomer. I didn't think of myself as a risk category. I got covid 5.5 months after my double dose vaccine, just before I'd have been eligible for the booster. My doctor immediately got me the antibody IV treatment and put me on a steroid. It still knocked me out for two weeks and weeks later I get fatigued. That was a mild case, of course, because I was never hospitalized or ventilated. Without the vaccine I'd probably have been in the ICU or worse. This thing sucks. It's really not a good time.

To repeat, I'm a healthy millennial with no prior conditions, just not skinny and not 25 anymore. Get your vaccines, get your boosters, and stop whining about a little shot. Oh and get your flu shot too.
Pro tip: obesity is a prior condition. Lose some weight

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:26 am
Anonymous User wrote:

Pro tip: BMI is bullshit and this post didn't need to be anon.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Prudent_Jurist

Bronze

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:03 pm

Uh oh…

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:47 pm

I will lose weight, especially after experiencing first hand how it can affect my health. I just bought an exercise bike. But I want to emphasize that I am not obese, in the colloquial sense. I'm just a tall guy with a dadbod who can't fit into his wedding suit. When I tell ppl that I was a risk factor due to my weight they just laugh. BMI is bs.

Also, you're an asshole. I can only interpret your comment to mean that I deserved my illness (and potential death, if I'd got it before vaccines and antibody treatments) because I'm 30 lb overweight, and that you don't owe society the courtesy of trying manage a pandemic because anyone who isn't in perfect shape had it coming. Leaving aside that plenty of people in perfect shape or who have unavoidable comorbidities are getting sick, you're still an asshole.

My real point, which seems to have been missed, is that all you cocky 28 year olds think you're invincible (yet are afraid of a little shot lol), well you're not invincible. Middle age will creep up to you faster than you know it. You should be getting the booster for society, but also for yourself. I was just as cocky as you were. What's the big deal with taking a booster shot once or twice a year if that's what's needed? It just might save your life.

To the mods - please leave my comments itt anon due to the personal health details, or if you decide it's anon abuse just delete.

legalpotato

Bronze

Post by legalpotato » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:15 pm

nixy wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:01 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not your quoted anon, but trying to understand your post. Are you saying that the concept of BMI is bullshit generally? Are you saying the idea that high BMI can indicate a person is unhealthy (i.e., bmi is just a product of our genetics and something out of our control) is bullshit? Are you saying that there is no correlation between being overweight and severity of covid?

tsk222

New

Post by tsk222 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:43 pm

legalpotato wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:15 pm
nixy wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:01 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not your quoted anon, but trying to understand your post. Are you saying that the concept of BMI is bullshit generally? Are you saying the idea that high BMI can indicate a person is unhealthy (i.e., bmi is just a product of our genetics and something out of our control) is bullshit? Are you saying that there is no correlation between being overweight and severity of covid?
TBF BMI can be kinda bs for some people, especially people who are tall and/or jacked. Like 6'4 210 pounds is 'overweight' by BMI, and 6'4 160 is 'healthy', which is silly.

Unless you're football player level jacked though, anyone 'obese' by BMI (not just overweight) almost certainly should lose a few pounds.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”