FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:19 am

I'm a recent law school grad in the middle of a district court clerkship and next year I'll be clerking on a circuit court. I have an open offer from my 2L firm, which I plan on officially accepting near the middle of my circuit court clerkship, barring some major life change. My plan has always been to work at a firm for a few years and then pivot to a federal agency, preferably in a USAO or regional office on (or near) the West Coast, though I am willing to spend a few years in DC. Over the past year or so I've taken a particular interest in eventually working for the FTC, which has grown over the course of my clerkship. I know that the Bureau of Competition has an honors program and occasionally posts openings for mid-level attorneys, but information on hiring for the Bureau of Consumer Protection seems a bit more sparse. Does the BCP hire entry-level attorneys? How often are there openings? If I would like to be a good candidate for a BCP position as a mid-level, what kinds of practice areas would be best to gravitate towards while at my firm?

Return to “Legal Employment”