Non-Kirkland Midlevel/Senior Corporate Associate Signing Bonuses Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Non-Kirkland Midlevel/Senior Corporate Associate Signing Bonuses

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:01 pm

Excluding Kirkland's exorbitant signing bonuses (which I understand to be an outlier, even in the V10), what is market for a midlevel/senior (years 4 through 8) corporate associate?

I am class of 2015 and recently accepted $75k to join a V10 (that is not Kirkland, obviously). I know I could have gotten six figures but did not feel that comfortable pushing given the firm was a huge upgrade from my previous. Just wondering whether a six-figure signing bonus for this demographic is market now, even outside of Kirkland?

Lesion of Doom

Bronze

Re: Non-Kirkland Midlevel/Senior Corporate Associate Signing Bonuses

Post by Lesion of Doom » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Either 25k or 50k among people I know, but that's junior/early mid range.

Jan-Feb is going to be interesting. You'll have bonuses out plus firms requiring associates to return to work, still not realizing how much associates will balk at a daily NYC commute. I think it's going to be a bloodbath of people quitting or lateraling to more flexible shops, and maybe the signing bonuses will spike at the M-F holdouts as a result.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:46 am

Back in February, I got $55k as a fourth year M&A in v10, and I thought it was pretty low, and regretted not interviewing with K&E to use their signing bonus as a leverage.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:23 am

Friend of mine got $100k at a firm in the mid 30s in southern cal doing M&A as a 4th year. Went from a V10.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Third year v10 finance associate here. I just posed this question to the recruiter I'm working with. They said range is $40k-$125k (I asked specifically about the Dallas market).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:42 pm

$25k as mid-level to V10. Was a bit of a practice change though and had to take a class cut so I assume that's below market.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”