General Corp/M&A/PE Groups NYC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

General Corp/M&A/PE Groups NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:45 am

Currently a junior general corporate associate in a V100 where I am expected to bill 2000 hours annually. Given the hot market, some friends are pushing me to make a move to a higher ranked firm.

Are there any V30s that currently have openings for a general corporate/M&A/PE junior associate where I can realistically expect to bill under 2200 hours? Also, looking to hear opinions about leaving a firm where I am happy, generally well liked and can potentially have a long career (although I don’t know yet if that’s what I want to do) for a “better” firm where all of that is unknown.

ExpOriental

Bronze

Re: General Corp/M&A/PE Groups NYC

Post by ExpOriental » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:30 pm

Vault ranking is dumb and meaningless. Your friends are dumb and give bad advice.

/thread

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: General Corp/M&A/PE Groups NYC

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:27 pm

Going to a firm that's stronger in M&A, for example, sounds justifiable as well as feasible but you'd have to jettison that requirement of billing less than 2200 hours next year. Not realistic. If you're happy where you are, you can stay put and be totally fine.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”