Thoughts on NYC midlaw for lit? Olshan, Davis & Gilbert, Morrison Cohen, etc. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thoughts on NYC midlaw for lit? Olshan, Davis & Gilbert, Morrison Cohen, etc.

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:04 pm

Hi all,

What's TLS's collective wisdom regarding NYC midlaw firms for litigation? I'm particularly interested in the following firms which I understand are currently hiring: Olshan Frome, Davis & Gilbert, and Morrisin Cohen.

Any wisdom on those firms, or midlaw lit in general would be very much appreciated.

1styearlateral

Silver

Re: Thoughts on NYC midlaw for lit? Olshan, Davis & Gilbert, Morrison Cohen, etc.

Post by 1styearlateral » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:32 am

I haven't worked at any of those firms but know them pretty well and would see them quite often when I was at my lit boutique. Each has their pros/cons, and general position in the market, but I assume, like many midlaw shops, their respective litigation departments are thriving and super busy. Litigation has been one byproduct of COVID, especially so in real estate, and all three of those firms have well respected real estate/RE litigation practices.

TLDR: All three of these firms are great places to land for litigation.

Anonymous User

Re: Thoughts on NYC midlaw for lit? Olshan, Davis & Gilbert, Morrison Cohen, etc.

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:31 pm

1styearlateral wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:32 am
I haven't worked at any of those firms but know them pretty well and would see them quite often when I was at my lit boutique. Each has their pros/cons, and general position in the market, but I assume, like many midlaw shops, their respective litigation departments are thriving and super busy. Litigation has been one byproduct of COVID, especially so in real estate, and all three of those firms have well respected real estate/RE litigation practices.

I heard bad things about Olshan litigation a couple of years back, high associate turnover

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:31 pm
1styearlateral wrote:

I heard bad things about Olshan litigation a couple of years back, high associate turnover
Oh interesting, do you have more information on this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 am
Anonymous User wrote:
1styearlateral wrote:

just that my source is a friend at Olshan (not in lit) and they said that lit was having trouble retaining associates who kept leaving because of bad management/burnout, the friend is transactional and they seem to be liking it there though

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:04 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 am
Anonymous User wrote:
1styearlateral wrote:

just that my source is a friend at Olshan (not in lit) and they said that lit was having trouble retaining associates who kept leaving because of bad management/burnout, the friend is transactional and they seem to be liking it there though
Got it, thanks for the info.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”