Amazon remote forever Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
umichman

Bronze

Amazon remote forever

Post by umichman » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:58 am

Anybody applied for and gotten job at Amazon as counsel and be remote forever? How'd it go?

wutwutwut

New

Re: Amazon remote forever

Post by wutwutwut » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:01 pm

Also curious. I applied for a job in a different city than what I intend to work in. I received a request to take an hour long online assessment, but I am having a hard time confirming that I can remain in my city before I invest in taking it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Given how reluctant they were to go back on their “return to office-centric culture” and the fact that even now they still want people to be able to commute into an office when necessary, I am skeptical they will go “remote forever” like the Googles and Zillows.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:15 pm

I'd flag just that some companies will let you work remotely from certain states but not others (for tax reasons). There's a chance that whether or not you can do this on a more permanent basis depends on your company and what state you're in.

I don't know about Amazon's policy.

gregfootball2001

Silver

Post by gregfootball2001 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:07 pm

I thought it was remote forever, except that you need to be able to come into the office "when necessary." To me that doesn't mean working in different states.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:20 pm

gregfootball2001 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:07 pm
I thought it was remote forever, except that you need to be able to come into the office "when necessary." To me that doesn't mean working in different states.
It's also up to manager discretion. I don't think anybody should be applying to Amazon if they weren't otherwise wanting to be in Seattle/Arlington.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”