Quality of Knowledge Management (KM) at Elite Transactional Firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Neff

Bronze

Quality of Knowledge Management (KM) at Elite Transactional Firms

Post by Neff » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:10 am

Do the elite, high-volume M&A/corporate firms like Latham and Kirkland have substantially better KM material (i.e. precedents, forms, market databases, know-how) as compared to your average V50?

Let's say you are drafting a merger agreement with a complex stock-for-stock setup, at many shops you just ask around and pull a precedent from a recent deal someone has done. Do the elite firms have a better/more scientific way of organizing precedents?

Asking primarily about M&A, as we all know the list of elite firms that pump out a ton of great capital markets content (MoFo, Latham, etc).

Anonymous User

Re: Quality of Knowledge Management (KM) at Elite Transactional Firms

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:05 pm

Neff wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:10 am
Do the elite, high-volume M&A/corporate firms like Latham and Kirkland have substantially better KM material (i.e. precedents, forms, market databases, know-how) as compared to your average V50?

Let's say you are drafting a merger agreement with a complex stock-for-stock setup, at many shops you just ask around and pull a precedent from a recent deal someone has done. Do the elite firms have a better/more scientific way of organizing precedents?

Asking primarily about M&A, as we all know the list of elite firms that pump out a ton of great capital markets content (MoFo, Latham, etc).
I've only been at one firm in my career (Latham), but at least here, it depends on the group. Generally, I think the firm overall has excellent precedents/KM, but some groups are just better at organizing and marshalling the information for its associates so we don't have to waste as much time searching/picking.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”