Will RTO be pushed to January? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Will return to office be pushed to January (or later)?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 107

Anonymous User

Re: Will RTO be pushed to January?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:32 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:35 pm
I’m becoming anxious and demoralized by the lack of recent assurances that K&E still isn’t “a face time kind of place”. Waiting in the dark while peer firms announce flexible policies has been a real slap in the face. Without complete WFH flexibility, we do not have market-leading benefits, and I can’t overstate the importance of this one benefit to many (most?) of us.
the hysterics you people traffic in are insane. vast majority of ppl don't care at all about RTO, if you'd been back in office at all the past month or two you'd see that tons of people are back in.
Not close to a vast majority in my office, but a decent number of people are in on any given day. Maybe a bare majority at best. Gun to head I’d estimate 40%

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:03 pm

It feels like both sides of this issue think the vast majority of people agree with them, which can’t actually be true, so it’s probably best to assume there are a good chunk of people on both sides and not argue about which one is more popular and/or better.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:50 am

WilmerHale expecting people back in the office at least two days a week starting Nov. 8 and then three days a week in the new year. Remote work allowed Nov. 22-26 and Dec. 27-31. Jeans allowed until the new year and then back to biz casual.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:35 pm
I’m becoming anxious and demoralized by the lack of recent assurances that K&E still isn’t “a face time kind of place”. Waiting in the dark while peer firms announce flexible policies has been a real slap in the face. Without complete WFH flexibility, we do not have market-leading benefits, and I can’t overstate the importance of this one benefit to many (most?) of us.
I mean, I can't tell what year you are (stub?) but K&E has never had a face time requirement. People in my group in my office probably averaged 3.5 days a week pre-covid? But some of that was work travel, not wfh just because. My bet is we settle on ~3 days a week.

But it's going to depend on who you work for and if they want you in. Those cultures vary group to group, office to office, and partner silo to partner silo. But it's a reality of human existence that if your boss is in person and so is your peer, you lose out by not being so, even if no one cares in a formalist sense.

That said - I agree the messaging around this has been bad, especially bc the stubs didn't have a real summer so don't know what the before times were like.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”