Perkins Coie/Elias Law Group Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Perkins Coie/Elias Law Group

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:53 pm

Anyone ever hear from PC DC about the political law group? Radio silence since OCI and wondering if the split had something to do with it, or if that is wishful thinking.

bob311

Bronze

Re: Perkins Coie/Elias Law Group

Post by bob311 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:11 pm

I mean the news presumably means that political law isn’t really going to be a think at PC anymore. They new firm took essentially the whole group.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:15 pm

What split?

cfcm

Silver

Post by cfcm » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:37 pm

Should have hooked Elias up with one of those Skadden retention bonuses.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:15 pm
What split?
Elias is leaving to form his own law group. Is your comment a joke or something? Not sure whether I am not getting it or it was a legitimate question lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:15 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/15/us/p ... &smtyp=cur

Regardless of what one thinks of the potential indictment and allegations, this paragraph might give some insight into why Elias started his own group:

"Some of the questions that Mr. Durham’s team has been asking in recent months — including of witnesses it subpoenaed before a grand jury, according to people familiar with some of the sessions — suggest he has been pursuing a theory that the Clinton campaign used Perkins Coie to submit dubious information to the F.B.I. about Russia and Mr. Trump in an effort to gin up investigative activity to hurt his 2016 campaign.

Mr. Durham has also apparently weighed bringing some sort of action against Perkins Coie as an organization. Outside lawyers for the firm recently met with the special counsel’s team and went over the evidence, according to other people familiar with their discussions, arguing that it was insufficient for any legal sanction."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:15 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/15/us/p ... &smtyp=cur

Regardless of what one thinks of the potential indictment and allegations, this paragraph might give some insight into why Elias started his own group:

"Some of the questions that Mr. Durham’s team has been asking in recent months — including of witnesses it subpoenaed before a grand jury, according to people familiar with some of the sessions — suggest he has been pursuing a theory that the Clinton campaign used Perkins Coie to submit dubious information to the F.B.I. about Russia and Mr. Trump in an effort to gin up investigative activity to hurt his 2016 campaign.

Mr. Durham has also apparently weighed bringing some sort of action against Perkins Coie as an organization. Outside lawyers for the firm recently met with the special counsel’s team and went over the evidence, according to other people familiar with their discussions, arguing that it was insufficient for any legal sanction."
Can you imagine the vitriol that would be spread on this forum if Jones Day or a similarly situated firm was caught up in this stuff for the other side? Lol

I'm sure Boeing and other corporate clients don't want to be associated with this, and I'd imagine those relationships are much much more important to the firm's financial situation than Elias was.

Robot

New

Post by Robot » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:09 pm

Lmao at thinking Boeing is forcing the firm’s PR crown jewel out because an obscure partner in a different group is facing a one-count indictment for lying to the FBI (that based on public reporting at least is very thin). Just like tons of clients fled Skadden over Alexander van der Zwaan.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:33 pm

Same with radio silence from PC but ELG is hiring summers. They aren’t doing splits though and I couldn’t delay my offers so it’s off the table for me :(. Email heather eaves, her email is on the site for ELG

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:05 pm

Notable that according to ATL, ELG matched the new market.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”