Giving 2 weeks notice while on paternity leave? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Giving 2 weeks notice while on paternity leave?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:00 pm

I am planning to lateral from my V15 and am currently a few weeks into my paternity leave, and am wondering when to provide notice to my current firm. If I give two weeks notice, is it "likely" that my firm will just ask me to leave, rather than wait 2 weeks?

Additionally as a bonus, do I just call my partner and break the news, and then ask him/her to be available for a reference call from this new firm? Not 100% sure about the lateral etiquette/procedures.

Anon because profile could out me

Anonymous User

Re: Giving 2 weeks notice while on paternity leave?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:20 pm

I know someone that did this. It was no problem but I think they were trying to get rid of him anyways so they didn't care.

I don't think they would 'fire' you on the spot because it's not worth showing up on ATL to save 15k or whatever rounding error two weeks pay is.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”