Bartlit Beck Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bartlit Beck

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:00 am

For being such an infamous boutique there’s surprisingly little information about them in regards to hours, compensation, etc. wanted to get some insights.

Anonymous User

Re: Bartlit Beck

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:07 am

One of my partners used to work there and said hours were long even by biglaw standards and if you wind up on a major trial you can end up living out of a hotel for like a month. Caveat that they worked there maybe a decade ago. Probably similar to Susman, etc. I’ve heard good things about the culture and the lawyers are obviously top notch though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:43 am

Another anecdotal account. Fred Bartlit, Jr. is an alum of my law school. Several years ago, when I was a student, he was there for a talk. Fred asked me about a room location, and then he asked me how I was enjoying law school. I didn't know who he was until he walked away and someone told me. He was a very warm and kind man. I don't know what it's like working at his law firm. But, he was very down to earth. I would find it very suspect hearing of someone having a negative account of his personality.

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:07 am
if you wind up on a major trial you can end up living out of a hotel for like a month
I don't know anything about Bartlit, but this isn't at all unique to them. I'm not sure I know of any trial firm where this isn't the case.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:03 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:46 am
Anonymous User wrote:
if you wind up on a major trial you can end up living out of a hotel for like a month
I don't know anything about Bartlit, but this isn't at all unique to them. I'm not sure I know of any trial firm where this isn't the case.
This happens any time you are on trial.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:29 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it's unique to Bartlit, but I don't think most law students realize how demanding real biglaw-level trial work is even though that's what most people know/want Bartlit for

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:04 pm

So, does anyone know what their comp package is? I sort of assume it's above the standard Biglaw scale, given their selectivity.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:29 pm
beepboopbeep wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it's unique to Bartlit, but I don't think most law students realize how demanding real biglaw-level trial work is even though that's what most people know/want Bartlit for
You guys have trials?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”