STB rotations Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

STB rotations

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:36 am

Does anyone have insight into how rotations work at Simpson? I’m interested in Corp and RE, but their website makes it seems like you cannot have a rotation in RE and one of the corporate groups (banking, funds, etc).

Anonymous User

Re: STB rotations

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:36 am
Does anyone have insight into how rotations work at Simpson? I’m interested in Corp and RE, but their website makes it seems like you cannot have a rotation in RE and one of the corporate groups (banking, funds, etc).
RE is considered a specialty group at STB and you are typically hired into it after the summer. So, it’s difficult to rotate into the group from a corporate group, although not impossible. If you start in RE however, it’s possible to rotate out if you and the partners notice it’s not a good match. If you’re thinking RE, gun for RE.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:35 pm

Thank you! Any insight on how the RE group is there? I’ve heard the people are great but the hours are insane. I’m really interested in it but worried about boxing myself into a specialty out of the gate

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:35 pm
Thank you! Any insight on how the RE group is there? I’ve heard the people are great but the hours are insane. I’m really interested in it but worried about boxing myself into a specialty out of the gate
[/quote/]

From what I’ve heard, it’s a great group. The hours are insane though (particularly now) but the work is interesting and the people are nice since it’s smaller. Although considered a specialty group within the firm, it’s actually quite generalist. You’re basically doing M&A where the asset is real estate or an entity holding RE, but also credit as you also work on the financing side of the transaction.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”