Troutman or Morris Manning (Atlanta)? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
goldgirl786

Bronze

Troutman or Morris Manning (Atlanta)?

Post by goldgirl786 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:12 pm

Can anyone else share their insight re Troutman or Morris Manning in Atlanta for transactional work?

Wubbles

Bronze

Re: Troutman or Morris Manning (Atlanta)?

Post by Wubbles » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:02 am

Troutman is both better and pays significantly more, seems like an easy choice (unless you're hoping for chill hours, which MMM might have but I can't speak to that)

crouton62

New

Post by crouton62 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:05 pm

Easily Troutman unless you are very set on wanting to do real estate/REIT transactional work, which is the crown jewel of MMM. Even then, I am not sure the pay gap would be worth it, since it seems like Troutman is trying to grow the ATL real estate group recently. (Full disclosure: I am a non-transactional attorney at Troutman). Troutman's corporate group is white-hot right now for M&A (both strategic and PE) and capital markets. I guess it may also be worth noting that MMM's corporate group does a good bit of VC work (at least for ATL). I don't see much of that at Troutman.

To the first commenter's point, while I don't have any friends in MMM's corporate group, I think it's safe to say that on average those folks work less than Troutman corporate associates. I just don't see/hear about MMM doing much non-real estate transactional work.

gregfootball2001

Silver

Post by gregfootball2001 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Agree with prior posters, Morris Manning is not on the same tier as Troutman in Atlanta.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”