S&C vs Kirkland vs W&C vs Weil Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
exodusandgermanicus

New

S&C vs Kirkland vs W&C vs Weil

Post by exodusandgermanicus » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm

Offers at the NY offices of Sullivan & Cromwell, Kirkland, White & Case, and Weil. Interested in general corporate work; think restructuring is unlikely although I'm at least open to the idea at Weil/K&E. Feel like I didn't gel as well with the S&C folks, but it's a fantastic firm. W&C people were very friendly, although not sure how it's NY group holds up against the rest of my list.

Anonymous User

Re: S&C vs Kirkland vs W&C vs Weil

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:14 pm

exodusandgermanicus wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm
Offers at the NY offices of Sullivan & Cromwell, Kirkland, White & Case, and Weil. Interested in general corporate work; think restructuring is unlikely although I'm at least open to the idea at Weil/K&E. Feel like I didn't gel as well with the S&C folks, but it's a fantastic firm. W&C people were very friendly, although not sure how it's NY group holds up against the rest of my list.
What do you want to do?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:48 pm

Are these your only offers? S&C is certainly the "best" choice between these without any additional information. What practices are you interested in and what is important to you when picking a firm?

exodusandgermanicus

New

Post by exodusandgermanicus » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:16 am

Yes, these are my only offers; I've decided not to participate in my school's OCI. Interested in general corporate, although not sure restructuring is for me, as I don't really like the exit options. I could see myself doing M&A/PE work but honestly just not sure. Really just looking for a good place to start a career, get some good training, and pay down some debt, and hopefully also open doors for me down the road. I clicked more with the people at Kirkland/W&C/Weil than S&C, which is what's making me hesitate.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:14 pm

Speaking generally and without knowing what you're interested in, S&C>K&E>Weil>W&C. And I think everyone would agree with me there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:12 am

Work where you like the people, you'll last much longer and have a better time. A 2nd year ejecting from S&C isn't going to have the same opps as a 4th year from the shops you mentioned.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:20 pm

exodusandgermanicus wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:16 am
Yes, these are my only offers; I've decided not to participate in my school's OCI. Interested in general corporate, although not sure restructuring is for me, as I don't really like the exit options. I could see myself doing M&A/PE work but honestly just not sure. Really just looking for a good place to start a career, get some good training, and pay down some debt, and hopefully also open doors for me down the road. I clicked more with the people at Kirkland/W&C/Weil than S&C, which is what's making me hesitate.
Posting anon but let me know if you want to know more about Weil and I can pm you. I have found Weil to be a really fantastic place to work, and for PE/M&A you could do much much worse.

exodusandgermanicus

New

Post by exodusandgermanicus » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:36 pm

Please do PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”