Do law firms ever reach out to applicants that they have rejected? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Do law firms ever reach out to applicants that they have rejected?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:33 am

One month ago, I had an interview with a nyc law firm for an entry level associate position. I was rejected. Looking at the firms website, it seems like that the firm has not yet filled up the position. Is it possible/likely that the firm reconsider me? Thank you in advance for any helpful tips.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nixy

Gold

Re: Do law firms ever reach out to applicants that they have rejected?

Post by nixy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:33 am
One month ago, I had an interview with a nyc law firm for an entry level associate position. I was rejected. Looking at the firms website, it seems like that the firm has not yet filled up the position. Is it possible/likely that the firm reconsider me? I suspect that the firm may have difficulty in finding right attorney bc position requires technical expertise.
Thank you in advance for any helpful tips.
Never say never, but no, I don’t think it’s likely that they’ll reconsider you. For one thing, if your interview was a month ago and the position is still listed, it’s possible they’re still going through the process of getting someone pinned down rather than that
the search failed - one month isn’t very long and all kinds of things can delay hiring (and updating web pages).

Also, and I don’t mean to be unkind, they didn’t interview you and not get back to you - they actively rejected you. So yes, in theory they may go back to the pool if they can’t find someone, but I don’t think it’s likely where they’ve actually rejected you (as opposed to just not giving you any answer yet).

The best thing you can do is give up on this job and keep looking. If they did for some reason reach back out to you that would be great, but it’s absolutely not something to count on or wait for.

hdr

Bronze

Re: Do law firms ever reach out to applicants that they have rejected?

Post by hdr » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:30 am

No. If they rejected you they decided you don't have what they're looking for.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”