Is there any option better than STB's new $50k diversity fellowship? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

What would you choose - NY corporate?

STB + 50k fellowship
70%
Cravath / S&C / DPW / Skadden / etc.
30%

Total votes: 44

Anonymous User

Is there any option better than STB's new $50k diversity fellowship?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:15 pm

For someone targetting NY corporate (and no more specific group), I can't imagine taking any of the other white shoe firms over STB + $50k. I'm surprised no one else in the V10 has matched (maybe Kirkland will?).

I guess unless you really hate PE. But it already being so hard to differentiate one firm from the next as a 2L, the $50k would definitely sway me. What would you choose?

(This is all excluding Wachtell of course).

Anonymous User

Re: Is there any option better than STB's new $50k diversity fellowship?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:15 pm
For someone targetting NY corporate (and no more specific group), I can't imagine taking any of the other white shoe firms over STB + $50k. I'm surprised no one else in the V10 has matched (maybe Kirkland will?).

I guess unless you really hate PE. But it already being so hard to differentiate one firm from the next as a 2L, the $50k would definitely sway me. What would you choose?

(This is all excluding Wachtell of course).
Kirkland is offering $50k as well, FYI.

https://www.kirkland.com/content/2l-div ... fellowship

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:21 am

Seems like a nice chunk of cash. Only problem is STB M&A might be the worst place to be a junior right now, followed by Kirkland (which is a great place to be an incoming midlevel for $$$$ but still shitty)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:52 am

Are these awards given to every sufficiently diverse student in the sumer class or are they something you have to obtain through a competitive application process? I see that you have to apply for them, but IDK how that process actually works.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:52 am
Are these awards given to every sufficiently diverse student in the sumer class or are they something you have to obtain through a competitive application process? I see that you have to apply for them, but IDK how that process actually works.
For STB, you have to submit a personal statement and apply in addition to their regular summer associate application. If it's still open, I definitely recommend doing so because I'm not sure that they'll offer it to anyone diverse in the regular SA applicant pool that didn't specifically apply.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:53 pm

I got the STB 50k. A few people got it, not sure if they are still offering to more people.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Wubbles wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:21 am
Seems like a nice chunk of cash. Only problem is STB M&A might be the worst place to be a junior right now, followed by Kirkland (which is a great place to be an incoming midlevel for $$$$ but still shitty)
Details on why STB M&A is the worst place to be a junior right now? Sounds like every M&A group in New York is on fire so would be interested in hearing more.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”