Are firms still ghosting? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
brdlw

New

Are firms still ghosting?

Post by brdlw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:06 pm

Interviewed for a lateral position at a V50 firm. Screener to CB was fast. Almost a month since the final interview. Nothing after following up with the recruiter; have assumed I've been ghosted. Is this a solid assumption, or should I just be patient?

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Re: Are firms still ghosting?

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Not meaning to be negative, but I think after almost a month you can assume you have been rejected. Is the recruiter ghosting you? That would be weirder. Any remotely competent recruiter ought to be able to get the firm to tell him/her where you stand.

brdlw

New

Post by brdlw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:55 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:50 pm
Not meaning to be negative, but I think after almost a month you can assume you have been rejected. Is the recruiter ghosting you? That would be weirder. Any remotely competent recruiter ought to be able to get the firm to tell him/her where you stand.
Those are my thoughts. Internal recruiter, so makes more sense. Thank you for confirming!

Silver

Post by 2013 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:00 pm

My friend waited 2 months from CB to offer, so although it’s probably the case that you didn’t get the offer, there’s always hope.

brdlw

New

Post by brdlw » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 pm

2013 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:00 pm
My friend waited 2 months from CB to offer, so although it’s probably the case that you didn’t get the offer, there’s always hope.
2 months is a long time to wait. I do not need to make a move soon, just was testing the waters. I will operate under the assumption that it did not work out and be pleasantly surprised if they call me in a month.

Sackboy

Silver

Post by Sackboy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:11 pm

I was once ghosted by a biglaw firm after a screener and then callback (dozen attorneys and eight partners total). It happens. It's terribly unprofessional, but it happens. Emailed the partners and recruiters a few times asking for an update (they had given me a timeline when I should expect to hear back), and they just never responded.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”