What's even discuss at late round inhouse interview with the company exec? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What's even discuss at late round inhouse interview with the company exec?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:39 am

I had multiple rounds of interviews for an inhouse position. So far the interviews included the GC, senior counsel, and some lower level execs. I made it through and I will be interviewing with the company's high ranking exec (non-lawyer) as my final interview.

I honestly don't even know how to prepare for this. This person will be far more experienced in life and work in general and I don't even know if there's anymore law oriented questions to be asked. Any idea what to expect? What goes on?

attorney589753

Bronze

Re: What's even discuss at late round inhouse interview with the company exec?

Post by attorney589753 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:30 am

Can you give sense of size of company? Exec is probably likely to follow the lead of his GC but imagine it will be more about culture fit and how well you translate legal advice into exec speak. Exec has probably interfaced with a lot of lawyers over the years — I think the general in-house advice of being a problem solver (instead of just an identifier) and knowing your lane would apply here.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”