Polsinelli to 170 min Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Polsinelli to 170 min

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Saw on nonequitypartner that Polsinelli is moving to 170-200k base salary for first years in all offices, but haven't seen anywhere else confirm. That seems like a pretty huge increase for secondary markets, might even make me reconsider wanting to stay in a major market for my whole career if the paycut isn't nearly as drastic as before

TigerIsBack

Bronze

Re: Polsinelli to 170 min

Post by TigerIsBack » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:25 pm
Saw on nonequitypartner that Polsinelli is moving to 170-200k base salary for first years in all offices, but haven't seen anywhere else confirm. That seems like a pretty huge increase for secondary markets, might even make me reconsider wanting to stay in a major market for my whole career if the paycut isn't nearly as drastic as before
Can't speak to this firm specifically, but my experience is that firms that pay a lower scale in smaller markets usually compress that scale as you become senior. So if Polsinelli starts a satellite first year at $170k, they are $35k behind their NY peers, but by the time you're a 5th year you might be over $100k behind your peers.

Maybe you already know that and maybe it's not as bad of compression at Polsinelli, but that's what I've heard for most satellite office payscales that don't follow the major markets.

Anonymous User

Re: Polsinelli to 170 min

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:35 pm

I am at a peer firm and can confirm that the scale is highly compressed as the steps each year are about $3,000 to $5,000 (more often the latter).

Can anyone confirm what the starting salaries are in St. Louis and Phoenix? Curious if it's on par with my market which is similar to Phoenix.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”