pre-OCI approach Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
towel13661

New

pre-OCI approach

Post by towel13661 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:25 am

Anyone have tips on figuring out which firms to target for pre-OCI? I guess my plan is to just go through Vault/Amlaw200 and see which firms aren't coming to campus and apply to whichever seem good. There's probably a better approach out there though. I'd like to have an offer or two locked down before OCI so any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

edit: prefer DC>NY, prefer lit>corporate, did well at HYS this year if any of this informs anything

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Re: pre-OCI approach

Post by LBJ's Hair » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:32 pm

literally just email recruiting at every firm you're interested in. transcript and resume, no need for cover letter.

there's no real "strategy" to it, just time spent sending emails. at worst they ignore it/tell you they'll see you on campus.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”