K&E Bonus Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
VentureMBA

New

Re: K&E Bonus

Post by VentureMBA » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:49 pm
I was also a senior associate at a V20 NYC corporate shop doing PE work. I quit 6 months ago and never looked back. Was billing 350-400 every month and from what I hear, the associates who remain are still on that pace. Nearly everyone I knew has quit and when I talk to them, they all discuss 400 hour months.

If you don’t believe it, that’s on you. But these busy corp practices are literally breaking not just individuals, but entire teams. I broke down several times during that time. So glad to be out.
What are you doing now?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:59 pm

VentureMBA wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:52 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
I was also a senior associate at a V20 NYC corporate shop doing PE work. I quit 6 months ago and never looked back. Was billing 350-400 every month and from what I hear, the associates who remain are still on that pace. Nearly everyone I knew has quit and when I talk to them, they all discuss 400 hour months.

If you don’t believe it, that’s on you. But these busy corp practices are literally breaking not just individuals, but entire teams. I broke down several times during that time. So glad to be out.
What are you doing now?
I left the law. Anymore detail I think would out me as I left for a small industry.

thisismytlsuername

Bronze

Post by thisismytlsuername » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:59 pm
VentureMBA wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:52 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

What are you doing now?
I left the law. Anymore detail I think would out me as I left for a small industry.
THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF BEING ABLE TO POST ANONYMOUSLY

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”