Any information on NYC-Based Mid-Size Firm Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any information on NYC-Based Mid-Size Firm

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Hi all, I am in the interview process with Ellenoff Grossman & Schole and curious if anyone has any insight into the firm. I am aware of the publicly available information (very active SPAC practice etc.), but looking for information on culture, billable hours, salary scale etc. I have found limited information on H1B websites but the numbers appear all over the place and very little information out there otherwise.

Any information would be much appreciated!

Anonymous User

Re: Any information on NYC-Based Mid-Size Firm

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:20 pm

Bump once in case anyone sees this. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:34 pm

When I was interviewing for a lateral gig with them ~4 years ago, their offer was $160K as a fourth year, no stated billable minimum, no real guidance for bonuses target. So definitely a fair bit below market, at least back then; unclear if the SPAC boom (which they were a clear front runner on) made them a bigger player.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:55 pm

Thanks for the info...very helpful

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:32 pm

Bump on this in case anyone has any more information on firm culture etc. Considering a pending offer and weary of switching if it's a churn mill.

Thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:32 pm
Bump on this in case anyone has any more information on firm culture etc. Considering a pending offer and weary of switching if it's a churn mill.

Thank you!
i don't work there (or know anyone that does) but they do a lot of shitty deals (e.g., overnight deals, block trades, pipes, etc) in the cap markets space which usually require pushing a lot of paper in a tight timeframe to execute. that said, their approach to emails/calls suggests there's still some work-life balance at the firm. i am also usually corresponding with partners on matters which makes me think they don't push work down to associates or they don't have enough - neither of which bodes particularly well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:28 am

Thanks that’s helpful. I’ve been gathering bits and pieces of info and what you said and matches up with a lot of that, which makes me very weary no matter the $$. Thanks again!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”