Hunton Andrews Kurth Bonuses Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Hunton Andrews Kurth Bonuses

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:17 am

Does anyone have insight into the bonus structure for Hunton associates? Are they market bonuses or compressed in some way?

Anon b/c looking at a possible move.

Anonymous User

Re: Hunton Andrews Kurth Bonuses

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:48 pm

A new salary structure and market level bonuses plus the new special bonuses were just announced. We usually have reviews around now so at least for me TBD to see exactly how this is implemented. Historically there has been compression or metrics to allow you to meet market comp on the back end.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:14 pm

OP here- thank you! Do you know if comp is still stratified between NY and other markets (like Richmond)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:55 pm

Different Anon. According to the recent announcement, same salaries across all offices.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:21 am

Wow, that’s great info. All in would you say associates across the firm (including those smaller markets) are eligible for close to market comp now for major markets?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:14 am

Compensation is still a bit of a black box, but base is now market (perhaps better than market if you are in a smaller market). Would expect decent but not market matching bonuses.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:05 pm

Looks like Hunton has raised once again- things look to be pretty strong there on the comp front. Anybody have insights on the other Richmond firms?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:26 am

Troutman pay in Richmond is here: https://abovethelaw.com/2021/04/troutma ... es-raises/

Troutman and Hunton also did covid bonuses this year. McGuireWoods did not.

McGuireWoods pays the same across all offices, including Richmond: https://abovethelaw.com/2021/05/mcguirewoods-raises/

I think McGuireWoods does bigger year end bonuses than Troutman and maybe Hunton, but they are tied to hours and you have to bill 2050 or more to start being bonus eligible.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:08 pm

I thought McGuire bonuses were substantially under market unless you hit really high billables but I could be wrong.

So it looks like only Hunton has raised again so far in a Richmond. Curious to see if the others follow suit or stick at 190 since they just moved.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”