[Deleted] Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 12, 2021 1:08 am

[Original post redacted for personal privacy, issue has been resolved]
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed May 12, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: URGENT: September NYLE registration (New York Bar)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 12, 2021 10:06 am

I wouldn't worry about mentioning it, no one cares about the NYLE. If someone explicitly asks, mention personal issues caused you to miss the June exam but that you are scheduled for September.

If the firm explicitly mentioned taking the NYLE (this is different than stating take all exams needed for the bar), maybe mention you are unable to make the June test date but are scheduled for September.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 12, 2021 10:37 am

I took and passed the September NYLE before I got bar exam results back. It is not going to make a difference in your bar admissions timeline, which is what your firm cares about. Just take a personal day on the test date and take it.

Silver

Post by 2013 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Don’t mention it to anyone. It’s not a big deal. I think you will be certified to be sworn in by the time bar results come out even if you take September, which is what matters most.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”