My T14 class of 2020's unemployment rate is 5x higher than it was for the class of 2019 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jotarokujo

Bronze

Re: My T14 class of 2020's unemployment rate is 5x higher than it was for the class of 2019

Post by jotarokujo » Tue May 11, 2021 11:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:13 pm
jotarokujo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:00 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:40 pm
While 2021 had an easier OCI, it also had, by far, the most time on Zoom of any class, especially since my school (and I imagine many others) prioritized 1Ls for in-person stuff this year and many of us also essentially lost our SAs through prorated programs, poorly planned programs, etc. Our general law school experience was the one most affected by COVID and abysmal compared to 2020's.

I'll be curious to see if more people end up turning down offers, especially people who clerk and have a longer runway, because nobody really formed relationships at firms over the summer. I have nothing against my 2L firm and it treated us very well compared to many others but I also have no particular affection for it.

being on zoom for class may be good or bad depending on the person, just like wfh at big firms
It's not just being on Zoom for class, it's not being able to use the building for anything, which means no free food or events, far fewer in-person social interactions, irregular library access, online office hours, etc. And unlike for associates, commuting is not a major issue for most law students. I don't think I know anyone who prefers it except for the small group of students who are living in another city entirely and my school's few in-person classes are heavily, heavily oversubscribed.
fair enough, but at least it's over now. Congrats on finishing! for some, this is where the fun begins

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”