Junior associates assigning work "up" to me Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Junior associates assigning work "up" to me

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 pm

I would pick up the phone and call. Awkward stuff like this is better kept out of email. If think you're a bitch on the phone, they would have had the same sexist thoughts reading your email anyway. Plus on the phone you can be more straight up without sounding passive aggressive in writing.

I'm also a sixth year who has been getting "please send this turn in the am"-type emails from a second year, and it has been pissing me off lol. Your situation sounds worse; I would definitely do something about it. (But that something would probably be over the phone).

Sad248

New

Re: Junior associates assigning work "up" to me

Post by Sad248 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:18 am

I feel like everybody is overthinking this. If you are a junior, you don't assign work upwards. Done. If they do so, you just say no, say you don't have the bandwidth, but that you are happy to review their work. You don't need an explanation or partner permission or whatever. Just say no, and that's it. All the messages here seem like we are apologizing to a senior partner who asked us something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”