Virtual Interview from Work Office? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Should I do a virtual interview for a new job in my current work office?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:04 pm

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 19

Anonymous User

Virtual Interview from Work Office?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:04 pm

I have a virtual interview for a new gig scheduled in a couple weeks. My work-from-home setup is, "Meh," I have a baby who can sometimes be loud, and I don't have as fast of internet as I do at the work office. My work office is still mostly empty from pandemic and no one has ever tried to talk to me in my office since the pandemic started.

So: should I do the virtual interview from my work office?

ClubberLang

Bronze

Re: Virtual Interview from Work Office?

Post by ClubberLang » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:47 pm

If you do, at least make sure to set one of those virtual backgrounds. It's more about someone at the new firm thinking it is sleazy than someone at the current firm spotting you.

Anonymous User

Re: Virtual Interview from Work Office?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:24 am

Agreed with post above and I would put a note on the door, out of an abundance of caution, that you are in a Zoom meeting or deposition or whatever so that people don't knock - I have had folks open my door thinking it was just closed or were "checking to see if someone was actually here because the lights were on". Also don't forget to mute your phone. And if possible, turn your camera to a plain wall so that it could be your home office and nobody would know.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”