Best / Nicest Law Firm Offices Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
El_Bee_Oh

New

Best / Nicest Law Firm Offices

Post by El_Bee_Oh » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Figured this would be okay here considering we have threads about logos and websites. What are the nicest offices you've ever seen / been in? I think K&E and V&E's Houston offices are huge and stunning but would love to hear other opinions.

Anonymous User

Re: Best / Nicest Law Firm Offices

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:06 pm

KE Houston for sure. Top floor of an awesome skyscraper. Beer, cocktails, and cold brew on tap. Shuffleboards and scooters in the hallways.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Curious to get people's takes on Hudson Yards at this point. Considering an offer from one of the firms that recently moved there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:20 pm

White & Case NY. Built brand new in 2017, they occupy the top 8 or 9 floors, the top top floor is a firm gym that's open 24/7. Glass and white marble all over the place - looks like what you'd expect a law firm in movies/TV shows to look like. The only downside is the lack of privacy in offices I guess, but most places seem to have open-door policies anyway

jackshunger

Bronze

Post by jackshunger » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:35 pm

It might be more useful for people to put down the worst offices. Law firms with open office plans need to be named and shamed - Latham NY I think has one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm
Curious to get people's takes on Hudson Yards at this point. Considering an offer from one of the firms that recently moved there.
I think any of the firms moving to/already in Hudson Yards are gonna be the long term winners here. However, until the project is completed and the area is built up, Midtown is still ideal in my mind.

Since I haven't seen any actual law firm offices thanks to COVID, I have no clue otherwise.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm
I think any of the firms moving to/already in Hudson Yards are gonna be the long term winners here. However, until the project is completed and the area is built up, Midtown is still ideal in my mind.

Since I haven't seen any actual law firm offices thanks to COVID, I have no clue otherwise.

daolivesea

New

Post by daolivesea » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:52 pm

Haven't been to too many, but personally liked White & Case's DC office as well as the DC office of Hogan Lovells. Also heard good things about Foley's DC office as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:00 pm

Any word on what S&C's offices are like? Know they own the building and there's a gym but do associates get offices etc.?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:07 pm

Don’t know about Latham’s NY office, but the DC office is super nice. https://officesnapshots.com/2018/03/28 ... ington-dc/

Hogan and Sidley in DC are also both outstanding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:27 pm

Hogan's DC office is among the best. Not just the office itself, but also the location. Metro Center is a great place to be. In a similar vein, Williams & Connolly and Latham are in roughly the same area, and also have lovely offices, though W&C is moving in the next couple of years I believe.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:27 pm
Hogan's DC office is among the best. Not just the office itself, but also the location. Metro Center is a great place to be. In a similar vein, Williams & Connolly and Latham are in roughly the same area, and also have lovely offices, though W&C is moving in the next couple of years I believe.
Kirkland is across the street from Hogan in a brand new, gorgeous building. (I guess not quite "brand new," but they were in it for barely a year before the COVID shutdown.) Rooftop patio on Pennsylvania Avenue with a great Washington Monument view. Would definitely be on the list for DC's best biglaw offices. And yes, Williams & Connolly will have a brand new building at The Wharf next year I think.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:00 pm
Any word on what S&C's offices are like? Know they own the building and there's a gym but do associates get offices etc.?
Junior associates typically share offices with a tiny window. But the gym is quite nice and the cafeteria is pretty good. Exceptional views in the partner's offices.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:05 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Junior associates typically share offices with a tiny window. But the gym is quite nice and the cafeteria is pretty good. Exceptional views in the partner's offices.
I worked at S&C. Juniors mostly paired in offices but 3 sides of the building all can see the East River and it's pretty amazing. Some juniors get lucky and end up with their own office - just luck of the draw/placement. Think everyone is in their own before year 3. The firm has an awesome selection of art you can choose from if you're homies with the maintenance dudes. Pretty sure everyone can request/easily get a VariDesk for standing. Cafeteria and library views are sick (of East River, BK/LIC, Statue of Liberty). There is dark wood and gold-colored metal everywhere - tan and blue carpeting throughout almost the entire building except the more modern redesigned floors (35 among others). Biggest partners are in corner offices - NorthEast corner partner office views are unreal. The cafeteria is half a floor and has salad bar, custom chop salad station, 4 diff entrees and a new theme every day, sandwich station, fruit bar, every breakfast option you can imagine until 10 am, burgers available every day, pizza Fridays. Definitely feels like an old-school Wall St. vibe you'd see in an 80-90s movie (think The Firm but on a supergrand scale).

I can answer specific Qs if someone has them - just post in here.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:42 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:05 am
Anonymous User wrote:
I worked at S&C. Juniors mostly paired in offices but 3 sides of the building all can see the East River and it's pretty amazing. Some juniors get lucky and end up with their own office - just luck of the draw/placement. Think everyone is in their own before year 3. The firm has an awesome selection of art you can choose from if you're homies with the maintenance dudes. Pretty sure everyone can request/easily get a VariDesk for standing. Cafeteria and library views are sick (of East River, BK/LIC, Statue of Liberty). There is dark wood and gold-colored metal everywhere - tan and blue carpeting throughout almost the entire building except the more modern redesigned floors (35 among others). Biggest partners are in corner offices - NorthEast corner partner office views are unreal. The cafeteria is half a floor and has salad bar, custom chop salad station, 4 diff entrees and a new theme every day, sandwich station, fruit bar, every breakfast option you can imagine until 10 am, burgers available every day, pizza Fridays. Definitely feels like an old-school Wall St. vibe you'd see in an 80-90s movie (think The Firm but on a supergrand scale).

I can answer specific Qs if someone has them - just post in here.
Incoming S&C summer associate - sounds lit considering I'll never be leaving b4 10 LOLOLOL

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:36 am

I had a callback at K&E SF. It's housed at 555 California St. The views were incredible. The building has convex windows that make every office feel like a corner office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:06 am

Jones Day’s NYC office. They are the top of the building at Brookfield place right on the Hudson with views up and down including the Statue of Liberty. Office is all white marble and glass and it includes a 24/7 gym with in house exercise classes, a dining room and an in-office Starbucks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:50 am

I work in dc and have been to many of the firms in DC. Not sure how anyone can say one office is nicer than the others when like 99% of the top firms have been designed by the same company with the same finishes. They all lack any character. Yes, they’re all nice and have amazing rooftop patios. But they’re all sterile art galleries at this point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:36 am

Anyone know how PW's NY office is?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:37 am

Any intel on Wilmerhale's NY office?

Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Post by Hutz_and_Goodman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:36 am
I’ve been there a couple times (for depositions etc) and it is surprisingly not modern or in very good shape.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 am

Boies Schiller's Hudson Yards office is beautiful. Everyone is WFH right now, but they've got incredible artwork, lounge/pocket office spaces, an on-site barista with seasonal beverages, incredible views of the river on the west side, etc. Associates don't have their own offices, but there are swanky and quite comfy placeholder offices you can just work in whenever you want, and some associates just take them over and work their full time. For all that BSF is going through, the HY office is a gem.

Ultramar vistas

Bronze

Post by Ultramar vistas » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 am
Boies Schiller's Hudson Yards office is beautiful. Everyone is WFH right now, but they've got incredible artwork, lounge/pocket office spaces, an on-site barista with seasonal beverages, incredible views of the river on the west side, etc. Associates don't have their own offices, but there are swanky and quite comfy placeholder offices you can just work in whenever you want, and some associates just take them over and work their full time. For all that BSF is going through, the HY office is a gem.
Being an apologist for open plan office space is probably worse than being one of those associates that comes on here to tell everyone how glad they are that their firm has an hours requirement to make a bonus.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:36 am
Very nice art collection

lawbear2022

New

Post by lawbear2022 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:29 pm

Covington SF sent me photos of their new office space before my callback this year. They recently moved into the Salesforce Tower and it looks like they have some of the best views in the Bay Area.

Do any Silicon Valley firms have offices that stand out or are they all run of the mill suburban corporate office park?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”