Antitrust Outside of DC/NY Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Antitrust Outside of DC/NY

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:59 am

I am a 2L that has signed on to be an SA with a big firm in Boston. I am interested in antitrust (both litigation and transactional). The firm I'd be joining has an antitrust practice but not as big as the DC/NY firms, and I am slightly concerned about the antitrust market and opportunities outside of DC and NY. Would be curious to hear if anyone had any insights as to the substance of the work, partnership prospects, career development, exit opportunities, etc. for antitrust work in Boston or any other non-DC/NY market. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Antitrust Outside of DC/NY

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:35 am

You don't necessarily need to be in DC/NY; my prior firm had a lot of antitrust partners and associates in Philly, for instance. You'll have to talk to associates at the firm to get a sense as to whether you'll get good antitrust work in the Boston office. As far as exit opportunities, you'll likely need to move to DC if you want to work for DOJ/FTC. In-house antitrust positions tend to be more spread out, and antitrust seems to open more in-house options than general litigation.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”