Finance lawyers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
chingwoo

Bronze

Finance lawyers

Post by chingwoo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:04 pm

For all you finance lawyers, how many templates do you use for your credit agreements?

Do you use specific templates for specific sponsors?

Doing a mass review of our credit agreements so trying to figure out how to batch up.

Anonymous User

Re: Finance lawyers

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:38 pm

Are you in private practice at a firm? This question is extremely context/client dependent, no clue what you mean by "batch up".

Definitely Not North

Bronze

Post by Definitely Not North » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:59 pm

Yeah gonna need some more info and also there’s probably no good answer unless you’re bucketing very broadly. Credit agreements are typically heavily negotiated and usually end up pretty bespoke in the important parts even if you start from a form

chingwoo

Bronze

Post by chingwoo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:22 pm

At a lender with CLO exposure that has close to 1k total positions and 300 or so in the US. Basically trying to figure out if there are like four general credit agreement templates / structures that a range of finance lawyers or like 40. Entirely for sponsored deals.

Definitely seen significant crossover using the same agreement (ie; pro rata provisions are in 2.18) across different sponsors / law firms so just trying to figure out how many templates are floating around.

chingwoo

Bronze

Post by chingwoo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Definitely Not North wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:59 pm
Yeah gonna need some more info and also there’s probably no good answer unless you’re bucketing very broadly. Credit agreements are typically heavily negotiated and usually end up pretty bespoke in the important parts even if you start from a form
It's a hunt for a specific deficiency that I'll likely be distributing out. You probably can guess what deficiency on my other comment :mrgreen: .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

viperv

New

Post by viperv » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:32 pm

chingwoo wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:04 pm
For all you finance lawyers, how many templates do you use for your credit agreements?

Do you use specific templates for specific sponsors?

Doing a mass review of our credit agreements so trying to figure out how to batch up.
Most credit agreements are all based on the LSTA form--so I'd start there.

chingwoo

Bronze

Post by chingwoo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:22 am

Yeah I'm fine it's just trying to make sure all the analysts can review correctly / efficienctly which is an issue.

Definitely Not North

Bronze

Post by Definitely Not North » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:22 am

chingwoo wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:25 pm
It's a hunt for a specific deficiency that I'll likely be distributing out. You probably can guess what deficiency on my other comment :mrgreen: .
Ah — doing some LIBOR transition remediation? Currently doing a ton of that for different banks. AI can speed up the process/reduce costs if your outside counsel has it (I’ve been running that piece at my firm and, while far from perfect, it does make the review faster)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:22 am
chingwoo wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:25 pm
Ah — doing some LIBOR transition remediation? Currently doing a ton of that for different banks. AI can speed up the process/reduce costs if your outside counsel has it (I’ve been running that piece at my firm and, while far from perfect, it does make the review faster)
Worse haha; Serta uptier loophole checks.

-Chingwoo

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”