Page 1 of 1

Which states allow quickie in-house counsel registration (no C&F application)?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:43 pm
I am trying to compile a list of states that allow out-of-state attorneys to practice in-house with only a pro forma registration (and certificate of good standing), and no C&F application requirement.

Of course, if the state does not even require registration, that much better.

Are you aware of any such jurisdictions?

I think NY fits the bill, based on the "Application to Register as In-House Counsel Pursuant to Part 522 of the Rules of the New York Court of Appeals"? All that seems to be required is certificates of good standing.