What is the staffing arrangement at your office? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nickofdime

New

What is the staffing arrangement at your office?

Post by nickofdime » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:42 pm

At mine (V10), we send a staffing update every tuesday to a staffing partner. Only the staffing partner will staff associates.

Anonymous User

Re: What is the staffing arrangement at your office?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:20 pm

In my firm, it depends on the group. I know some associates in my firm only get staffed on projects through a staffing coordinator (non-lawyer) and never even meet with the partner they are working for. They generally only meet with senior associates. My group is pretty small and run by two partners which email us directly. I've never met with my assigned staffing coordinator.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:08 am

In mine, you can let the local practice group's lead Partner know that you need more cases, but I usually just get informed by the few Partners I regularly work with that I'm being added to another case.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:25 pm

At my firm, there was a staffing coordinator for junior associates. Once you reached a certain seniority level and found your place within a group, you would be staffed by partners and senior associates, and it would be on you to say no if you were too busy, although, depending on the size of the group, the partners and senior associates may already know what's on your plate and staff accordingly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:25 pm

Free market, which means that straight while males get the best work. Then white women. There’s some seniority in play, but that’s usually not the main consideration, doing “good work” is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”