EBEC —> Investment Funds Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

EBEC —> Investment Funds

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:21 pm

EBEC associate who does Title I work, so I’m not completely removed from funds. I’ve worked on side agreements, subscriptions, IM agreements, etc.

I saw a post for a junior (1-3 years) funds associate position. I’ve considered transitioning out of EBEC for a while and I was wondering if anyone has ever done this move.

I know that it is generally very difficult to move out of EBEC (especially after a few years). But given that I do have some experience with some of the documents, I’m wondering if it won’t be as big a transition.

Also, I know funds has a lot of regulatory work, which is something EBEC also has a lot of.

Anonymous User

Re: EBEC —> Investment Funds

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:21 pm
EBEC associate who does Title I work, so I’m not completely removed from funds. I’ve worked on side agreements, subscriptions, IM agreements, etc.

I saw a post for a junior (1-3 years) funds associate position. I’ve considered transitioning out of EBEC for a while and I was wondering if anyone has ever done this move.

I know that it is generally very difficult to move out of EBEC (especially after a few years). But given that I do have some experience with some of the documents, I’m wondering if it won’t be as big a transition.

Also, I know funds has a lot of regulatory work, which is something EBEC also has a lot of.

If this is for a K&E position, they won't care at all that you started out in EBEC and you can play up the tangential nature of the work that you've been doing, which will be a positive both in the interviewing process and in actually doing the work. Before you make the move though, depending on what year you are and whether you like the work you're doing/people you work with, I'd caution you in giving up seniority to go do funds (especially at K&E, where they're getting absolutely crushed right now).

Anonymous User

Re: EBEC —> Investment Funds

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:11 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:21 pm

If this is for a K&E position, they won't care at all that you started out in EBEC and you can play up the tangential nature of the work that you've been doing, which will be a positive both in the interviewing process and in actually doing the work. Before you make the move though, depending on what year you are and whether you like the work you're doing/people you work with, I'd caution you in giving up seniority to go do funds (especially at K&E, where they're getting absolutely crushed right now).
OP. Yes, it’s for the K&E position. They have one for regulatory and one general one and I think the regulatory one makes more sense. Not sure if it makes any real difference.

A friend there said the team is slammed right now and just needs capable bodies, which is why I’m considering the transition now. If you have any more info, I’d love to hear.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”