State of bankruptcy/restructuring hiring? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: State of bankruptcy/restructuring hiring?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:34 pm
Anon creditor side band 1. We wanted a few good midlevels and recently poached them (last ~3 months) from other band 1/2 shops. We're busy but we're not K&E/Weil hours. Think reasonable estimate for group midlevels is 23-2400 this year.

I think there are many crossover aspects to bk and you don't need to like be able to draft debt docs to be a valuable associate. I like having people with M&A experience if transactions are being thrown around.

The real sweet sauce for rx is 1: having a genuine interest in the practice, 2: having both corporate and lit skills / mindsets. you can't do the job if you don't want to do both.
Can you give more detail on what the corporate and lit "skills / mindsets" are for rx, specifically? Trying to get a sense of what the work is on both sides...and do you think corp/M&A experience is necessary to lateral in, or is good lit experience enough?

Anonymous User

Re: State of bankruptcy/restructuring hiring?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:35 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:34 pm
Anon creditor side band 1. We wanted a few good midlevels and recently poached them (last ~3 months) from other band 1/2 shops. We're busy but we're not K&E/Weil hours. Think reasonable estimate for group midlevels is 23-2400 this year.

I think there are many crossover aspects to bk and you don't need to like be able to draft debt docs to be a valuable associate. I like having people with M&A experience if transactions are being thrown around.

The real sweet sauce for rx is 1: having a genuine interest in the practice, 2: having both corporate and lit skills / mindsets. you can't do the job if you don't want to do both.
Can you give more detail on what the corporate and lit "skills / mindsets" are for rx, specifically? Trying to get a sense of what the work is on both sides...and do you think corp/M&A experience is necessary to lateral in, or is good lit experience enough?
What I more mean is you can't be the kind of corp person who is horrified by the idea of Westlaw or the kind of lit person who couldn't stand the idea of working on a transaction document. You've gotta be willing to throw a day or three on a research project and then turn around and get to negotiating a prepack, turning a transaction document, whatever.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”