Applying to two firms about to be merged? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Applying to two firms about to be merged?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:11 pm

A short while ago, I applied to Troutman Sanders using a recruiter. Since then, Troutman put its hiring on freeze.

Pepper Hamilton has a similar position I saw. Since the two firms have yet to merge, is it okay for me to apply to Pepper even if I used a recruiter for Troutman?

I know this is a very specific question, but I’m wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Applying to two firms about to be merged?

Post by trebekismyhero » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A short while ago, I applied to Troutman Sanders using a recruiter. Since then, Troutman put its hiring on freeze.

Pepper Hamilton has a similar position I saw. Since the two firms have yet to merge, is it okay for me to apply to Pepper even if I used a recruiter for Troutman?

I know this is a very specific question, but I’m wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.
If they haven't merged yet, I would think it is ok.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:05 am

trebekismyhero wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A short while ago, I applied to Troutman Sanders using a recruiter. Since then, Troutman put its hiring on freeze.

As an ex-Pepper, I can advise you to run far away. That's all the advice I got. Pepper was not a great place to work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
trebekismyhero wrote:

As an ex-Pepper, I can advise you to run far away. That's all the advice I got. Pepper was not a great place to work.
OP here. What was so bad about it? I’ve spoken to people who work there and they generally seem happy aside from bonus amounts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”