Working from home but zero work Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Working from home but zero work

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:24 am

I moved to this boutique firm from overseas a couple of months ago. The firm spent like $15K on an outside immigration lawyer, moving expenses, etc. This is a new practice area for me and I was doing junior level work like preparing legal memos, etc. Now I work from home but have zero work to do. This week, I did nothing. No one gives me work. I got hired despite my status as a foreigner (hence additional $15K) partly because they have foreign clients whose mother tongue is the same as me.

What should I do to get work? I told everyone during a meeting that I needed work but no one has responded.

bigadi99

New

Re: Working from home but zero work

Post by bigadi99 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:09 pm

Interesting but not unheard. What is your staffing mechanism? Are you reaching out to partners individually? What's your visa status? Whats your firm name or ranking? How big is it? What have you heard from your partners on the downturn? Will need more information to share feedback.
Last edited by QContinuum on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

malibustacy

Bronze

Re: Working from home but zero work

Post by malibustacy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:32 pm

It’s every person for themselves. If you were doing junior work but now have zero, that's a big red flag. Reach out to other offices and currently In-demand practice groups to help out. Update your resume and hope this blows over soon.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”