Thomas J. Henry Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thomas J. Henry

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:41 am

Anyone ever worked for Thomas J. Henry in Texas? Got an offer for an entry-level attorney position (currently working a JD-preferred job and not finding it very enjoyable or lucrative) and am considering making the jump.

Any insight/experience would be appreciated!

TLS_Dreamer

New

Re: Thomas J. Henry

Post by TLS_Dreamer » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:56 pm

Did you end up going? I'd love to know what you think of it if you did, or why you decided not to if you rejected the offer.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Post by decimalsanddollars » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Nothing firsthand, except that they work/advertise heavily in my market. Lots of variance btw trial-focused attorney positions and non-trial-focused (as in, they're very different gigs), but insurance adjusters generally respect/fear them more than other "billboard lawyers" particularly in central Texas. It's not biglaw by any stretch, and idk about QOL or comp level, but they're more effective/well-regarded than peer firms.

TLS_Dreamer

New

Post by TLS_Dreamer » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:54 pm

They have 130 attorneys, according to their website, and pay $4,000 per week + housing + car for summer associates. It seems better than V&E from a summer perspective. I'd love to hear from someone who works there (or left).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”