Patterson v. Holwell v. Molo v. Boies Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Patterson Holwell Boies Molo

Patterson Belknap
19%
Boies
15%
Holwell Shuster
25%
MoloLamken
41%

Total votes: 129

Anonymous User

Patterson v. Holwell v. Molo v. Boies

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:08 am

If you were considering NYC lit shops which of these would you choose? (Obviously Quinn is a realistic option as well, but being sane I have no interest in working there).

ambrau90

New

Re: Patterson v. Holwell v. Molo v. Boies

Post by ambrau90 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:37 pm

Following up on this poll, is Quinn really that much worse on hours? I know Patterson has an abnormally low billable requirement (for BigLaw at least). Will QoL at Molo and Holwell be markedly better than at Quinn too?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:59 pm

Similar question re/Quinn, does it have a bad rep only because of its hours, or is it culture etc as well?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:49 pm

Patterson's QoL is probably higher than Molo, but the type of work is less varied. I hear good things about Holwell, but also comparatively more narrow in focus. I don't think Quinn needs to be the scary sweatshop place many think it is; you have the freedom to do less work if you're okay with a smaller bonus (within a certain bandwith, of course. Some of the personalities are strong, but at least they are transparent about it).

Not sure why you'd seriously consider Boies Schiller at all, given the shape it's in and the recent happenings there. From what I know, it's only going to get worse there.

theneuro

New

Post by theneuro » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:49 pm
Patterson's QoL is probably higher than Molo, but the type of work is less varied. I hear good things about Holwell, but also comparatively more narrow in focus. I don't think Quinn needs to be the scary sweatshop place many think it is; you have the freedom to do less work if you're okay with a smaller bonus (within a certain bandwith, of course. Some of the personalities are strong, but at least they are transparent about it).

Not sure why you'd seriously consider Boies Schiller at all, given the shape it's in and the recent happenings there. From what I know, it's only going to get worse there.
The OP was before all the recent Boies news. Though it’s pretty crazy how quickly a firm’s fate can change. Wouldn’t touch Boies with a 10-yard poll these days, but last year the story wasn’t so dire.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Patterson's QoL is probably higher than Molo, but the type of work is less varied.
Can you expand on Molo?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:14 am

Bumping to get more input on Molo.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:29 pm

bump (for the first three)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

What is the type of work at PBWT

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:56 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

What is the type of work at PBWT
Not OP but bumping this for the more knowledgeable to answer

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:58 am

If the question is actually about litigation boutiques, this is between Holwell and Molo. Both are excellent. I would probably go to Molo, but its a toss-up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

My bad for bringing up an old thread, but what's the issue with Boies?? It's one of the firms I'm heavily considering. I'm coming out of a clerkship.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:38 pm

BSF used to be incredibly prestigious and selective, and then it very publicly imploded in 2020 and a huge portion of their staff left for other firms. The vast majority of their summer classes from the summers of 2019 and 2020 did not return.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

My bad for bringing up an old thread, but what's the issue with Boies?? It's one of the firms I'm heavily considering. I'm coming out of a clerkship.

I mean, if you're coming off a clerkship, you should do your homework on this stuff. It's not at all hard to find on the internet what happened at Boies in the last 4-5 years, both in terms of internal workplace culture, pay, types of cases they now do, etc.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”