Missed the interview and rescheduled Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Missed the interview and rescheduled

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:04 am

In short, I missed the skype interview without notice because of the emergencies I had just before it. I contacted the recruiting manager a couple hours later, explained the situation, and apologized. The interview is rescheduled and interviewers are the same. Should I start my interview with apologies again? What could be the best way to handle this? It's a job I really want to get, so I'm bit panicked now and need advice. Thanks in advance.

acr

Silver

Re: Missed the interview and rescheduled

Post by acr » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:25 am

No need to be so neurotic or over-think this.

Put yourself in the position of the interviewer(s). You wouldn't be thinking to yourself "this applicant had better apologize for their personal emergency or else we're not hiring them." If they are, that's probably not somewhere you want to work.

Life situations happen for everyone, law firm partners, doctors, billionaires, etc. I'm sure that lawyers can handle a simple interview being rescheduled.

Just chill.

Silver

Post by 2013 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:21 am

They’ll be irked that they sat and waited for you to join them on skype, but if they’re offering to interview you again, I think they understand that you’re sorry and you shouldn’t feel the need to apologize again.

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:41 pm

I missed an OCI screener for no good reason (the schedule was changed that morning, which I didn't know could happen - apparently you're supposed to re-check your schedule every morning). I started with profuse apologies, the interviewers waved it away and basically said they wanted to interview me more than they wanted an apology, and I got a callback, an offer, a full-time offer after SA, and have been at the firm 6 years.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Nope, just go into the interview as if nothing happened. Don't start with apologies to your actual interviewers. Just go rock the interviews. If you do that, that will be all they have on their minds when they look to your candidacy.
Last edited by QContinuum on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:24 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
BaiAilian2013 wrote:I missed an OCI screener for no good reason (the schedule was changed that morning, which I didn't know could happen - apparently you're supposed to re-check your schedule every morning). I started with profuse apologies, the interviewers waved it away and basically said they wanted to interview me more than they wanted an apology, and I got a callback, an offer, a full-time offer after SA, and have been at the firm 6 years.
This may be brought up at the partnership vote, may be best to just be extra careful

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”