3rd year Big Law Associate at crossroads. How to make the most money the quickest? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TigerIsBack

Bronze

Re: 3rd year Big Law Associate at crossroads. How to make the most money the quickest?

Post by TigerIsBack » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:52 pm

QContinuum wrote:
TigerIsBack wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Our household is in SF/NYC/LA.

I drive a...car.
Lol, so you live/work in SF/LA.
First, no need to try to smoke out where an anon lives.

Second, a surprisingly high number of NY associates have cars. Not folks living in Manhattan, obvs., or right across the river in Brooklyn or JC/Hoboken, but a good number live further out in Jersey, or even Nassau or Westchester, where having a car is pretty important.
Sorry to Anon for "smoking you out" (even though you could also clearly live in DC, Chicago, or some other major metro area similar to NYC/SF/LA and sorry to Q for clearly offending. It was a joke, JFC.

BlackAndOrange84

Bronze

Re: 3rd year Big Law Associate at crossroads. How to make the most money the quickest?

Post by BlackAndOrange84 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:21 pm

TigerIsBack wrote:
QContinuum wrote:
TigerIsBack wrote:

I drive a...car.

Second, a surprisingly high number of NY associates have cars. Not folks living in Manhattan, obvs., or right across the river in Brooklyn or JC/Hoboken, but a good number live further out in Jersey, or even Nassau or Westchester, where having a car is pretty important.
Sorry to Anon for "smoking you out" (even though you could also clearly live in DC, Chicago, or some other major metro area similar to NYC/SF/LA and sorry to Q for clearly offending. It was a joke, JFC.
Earnest-posting on the board is out of control.

TigerIsBack

Bronze

Post by TigerIsBack » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:17 am

BlackAndOrange84 wrote:
TigerIsBack wrote:
QContinuum wrote:
TigerIsBack wrote:

I drive a...car.

What's earnest posting? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

notinbiglaw

Bronze

Post by notinbiglaw » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:59 am

I know a lot of people living in LIC, Forest Hills, Hoboken, Newport, and so on with cars, especially those with SOs/families. It's their tickets out of the city for weekends and vacations.

BlackAndOrange84

Bronze

Post by BlackAndOrange84 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:57 pm

TigerIsBack wrote:
BlackAndOrange84 wrote:
TigerIsBack wrote:
QContinuum wrote:
TigerIsBack wrote:

I drive a...car.

What's earnest posting? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
Kind of a joke, but here I meant it as being way too serious when the original post wasn't. The moralizing schoolmarmishness is what actually bugs me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”