Post Offer Acceptance Timeline Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Post Offer Acceptance Timeline

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm wondering what the timeline is like post-offer acceptance. I filled out a conflict sheet, signed the offer letter––should I expect to hear anything else confirming the offer? If so, when?

lawdude31

Bronze

Re: Post Offer Acceptance Timeline

Post by lawdude31 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Generally once your acceptance is completed you will not hear from the firm until later in the year, other than a holiday gift and perhaps a list of the schools the SAs attend being sent out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Thank you!

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm wondering what the timeline is like post-offer acceptance. I filled out a conflict sheet, signed the offer letter––should I expect to hear anything else confirming the offer? If so, when?
I would expect to receive some acknowledgement of your acceptance from the firm - could be something as brief as a one-line email from their recruiting folks. If you accept and get complete radio silence in response, I'd recommend emailing your recruiting contact just to confirm they received your acceptance.

Once they confirm, you should expect near-total radio silence until sometime in the spring, when they may start sending out pre-summer paperwork. You may receive a holiday gift but if you don't, don't freak out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”