Callback reimbursement Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback reimbursement

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:58 pm

anon for obvious reasons

I did a callback with a NALP firm (v50, NY) that has ignored my claim for expenses. Should I follow up with them?

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Callback reimbursement

Post by trebekismyhero » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Yes

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 pm

How long does it usually take for the callback reimbursement? I had one claim in early August and have not heard back. Should I be worried?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anon for obvious reasons

I did a callback with a NALP firm (v50, NY) that has ignored my claim for expenses. Should I follow up with them?
I have received several reimbursements so far, and most took about a full month. Not a single firm responded or confirmed when I sent my claim in. I'd give it a few weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:26 pm

If you are not reimbursed after several follow-up emails, I would certainly disseminate that information as widely as possible.

For example, in a previous year Steptoe and Johnson's NY office completely stiffed me on a callback reimbursement, despite no fewer than 3 follow-up emails. Complete silence.

Any firm that is either too cheap or too disorganized to reimburse a poor law student a few hundred dollars in violation of NALP conventions should be outed publicly, IMO.

That said, I would certainly follow up directly with recruiting at least twice and allow about two months from the time you submit your expense form.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bbaa57311

New

Post by bbaa57311 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:46 pm

If you don’t get reimbursed within two months, should you inform your school? How should you make it public?

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:08 pm

bbaa57311 wrote:If you don’t get reimbursed within two months, should you inform your school? How should you make it public?
I would not recommend going public. "Outing" a firm - even a firm that has behaved badly - inevitably carries significant personal/professional costs to the "outer." The cost may well be worth it when the bad behavior is truly godawful, but I would never advise any friend to put their neck on the line merely to "out" a firm that messed up their callback reimbursement.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”