Too Early to Follow Up? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Too Early to Follow Up?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am

Hi All,

Had an interview with HR a little over a week ago for a role they're looking to fill by next month. HR person told me they'd get back to me by the end of the week, but I never heard anything.

Given the accelerated timeline (and I'd really like the chance to interview with the legal dept for this job) is it overly aggressive to send a friendly email asking for an update? If so, when would be an appropriate time to follow up?

TIA!

papermateflair

Bronze

Re: Too Early to Follow Up?

Post by papermateflair » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:52 pm

If you were supposed to hear by Friday and haven't heard anything by tomorrow afternoon, then it may be worth following up. Today is basically everyone's Monday, so they aren't that far behind (even if it feels like it's been forever). HR hasn't lost your information, though, so unless you have a competing offer or some other compelling time crunch, they're probably just working through things on their end, and I would personally probably wait until Friday. No magic to it, as long as you're polite and don't like, follow-up an inappropriate number of times.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”