Latham, Skadden, or Milbank for NY Lit? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latham, Skadden, or Milbank for NY Lit?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Interested in lit with maybe a white-collar focus, any advice?

Anonymous User

Re: Latham, Skadden, or Milbank for NY Lit?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interested in lit with maybe a white-collar focus, any advice?
Per a friend in lit at Milbank: the group there is very focused on what it does, and probably won't give you a broad experience. They recently got some great white collar hires, so they definitely do that. Lit is also in high demand for summer associates, and he thinks it's certainly possible for someone to do good work over the summer and not get placed into lit simply because there's too much demand for too little supply. At a minimum, you will be forced to spend at least some of your summer outside lit, but they've always done it that way.

I would definitely ask about how broad the work is / what your odds are of getting placed into lit full time.

No comment on other shops, no idea.

Wubbles

Bronze

Re: Latham, Skadden, or Milbank for NY Lit?

Post by Wubbles » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:40 pm

I would eliminate Milbank and choose your own preference between Latham and Skadden (I'd personally go Skadden)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”